Monday, April 25, 2005

PBB Cool Ten (4/24-4/30)

10. 9-9. Got to beat the division rivals, man. Can't go the distance if you don't.
10b. First series against the Astros is this weekend.
9. Riding around in a Navigator-limo is fun.
8. Free catered food is good, whether Saturday at birthday parties or today at work.
7. The book of Judges was pretty interesting.
6. Giving a friend a giftcard to HPB was my excuse to go shopping. Looking forward to reading this book after Still Life.
5. Milling over the direction of the current fiction project resulted in some good ideas for the next one.
4. People reading and commenting on the Ezekiel story. Appreciated that.
3. This song is encouraging to me.
2. The Joan finale was most awesome. Turns out "Ryan Hunter" is not the devil; he seems to be human, the yang to Joan's yin--someone with a connection to the spiritual world. However, he also seems to have some sort of supernatural power at his disposal. The question is, is Joan capable of similar gifts? Also interesting to see that Joan's mom learning she may have the spiritual gift of discernment, though it didn't help her much when she met and shook hands with Hunter. I really hope CBS picks this show up for another season or two. Lots of interesting stuff there.
1. I really love my family. It hit me this weekend how much I appreciate them. And that's always a good thing.

No comments: