Friday, January 16, 2004

"Why the hostility, Joe?"

"It's friggin' Rex Manning Day."


Doesn't it just feel like Rex Manning Day? A day so full of optimism and possibility that you know will end up with disappointment, betrayal, a mock funeral, the revelation of drug addiction, a police standoff and a rooftop rock concert?

Or maybe that's just Eddie's special recipe brownies talking. You know, all the sugar.

If you have *NO* idea what I'm talking about, read up and then come back.

Man, I don't know what was up with my heightened hostility yesterday. Yesterday's post only touches the tip of it. But I was hardcore, man. Edgy, jumpy, hyper-sensitive and likely to lash out if antagonized.

Which is why when I got home, I had dinner, a piece of cake, and sat on the couch listening to Counting Crows for about three hours. Just chilling. I actually fell asleep on the couch. Then woke up at about 10p, and went to bed for another eight hours. Wowsa. Nine and a half hours of sleep in one continuous stretch. Awesome.

And now I'm definetely more mellow.

*****

I blog compulsively. And for no legitimate reason, I get annoyed when the blogs I check daily (sometimes twice or three times a day) don't update as often as I do.

I check my comment boxes just as often. And I think "What, no one wants to add anything? It wasn't funny/interesting enough? Or is it just that no one reads the site?" In when this Woody-Allen-like neurosis hits a fever pitch, I get frustrated. (Nevermind the fact that I don't comment that often on other people's sites.)

I don't know exactly what to do about this. I need to find a bigger blog community. Or get a life.

Finding new blogs to read is easier, though.

No comments: