Wednesday, January 21, 2004

"How do you afford your rock and roll lifestyle?"

Man. You wanna talk about an intense experience? Try sitting down with your bills, and writing over $1400 worth of checks in less than 45 minutes. And that's not even all of my bills.

Gee, being an adult is...fun.

But living in my own apartment *is* fun, so no complaints.

But the question remains: how do all these kids afford their rock and roll lifestyles, eh? How does that work? I'm not sticking to my budget at all, and I'm still not flashing the proverbial "bling bling" by any means.

Crazy. But you know what? My needs are being met day by day. God is good.

My big goal for the next month: getting a line of credit at Conn's so I can get a washer and dryer. Though technically not a current necessity, I'll need them when I move into a house in a few years (hopefully). And my current digs has all the connections necessary for complete laundry independence.

(Side Rant: I'm noticing that people are starting to spell the second-from-last word in the previous paragraph "compleat". And it annoys the crap out of me. Why must we change what already works? It's "complete". C-O-M-P-L-E-T-E. Quit messing around.)

So yes, no fancy clothes, or spinning wheel rims on the ol' truck. No 58" TV (although I do have my Walmart DVD player hooked up to the stereo, so I can pretend I have surround sound). All my furniture is either Walmart or second-hand. And it's all good.

Who needs the rock-and-roll lifestyle, anyway.

No comments: