Thursday, January 27, 2005

So... what's new.

I keep thinking I need to post something today, but I can't think of any pressing matters.

How's it going.

I'm fine, thanks.

When's Chapter 4 coming out? I don't know. I want to pick that up again, but I'm at a loss for what to say. I have a few ideas, but overall, I'm a little lost as to what the next step is.

I want to write more than i do. But I'm finding it's hard to make time for it, without feeling like I should be doing something else.

I recently finished two books. She's Come Undone, by Wally Lamb. And, About a Boy, by Nick Hornby. I'd recommend the latter. Avoid the former.

I've listened to "Hot Fuss" at least twice through after arriving home, every night this week. Definitely a keeper.

Do any of you even watch "Smallville"? Or am I the only one? If so, I'll stop blabbing on about it. Figure you're sick of hearing about it.

Yesterday I finished off the dirty dishes in my sink, and folded the pile of clean laundry on my kitchen table. My living room/dining room/kitchen area actually looks presentable. I'm rather pleased with myself.

We won't discuss the disarray behind my bedroom door.

Also yesterday, I left work promptly at five, got home not long thereafter, and took advantage of the dying daylight by going for a very light jog. Which nearly killed me.

I had forgotten about the shin-splints that plagued me in high school. We were re-introduced.

If I get out of here during daylight, I'll go for another jog. After stretching more thoroughly.

But that's unlikely because I'm utterly swamped with work, and because I'm supposed to be eating with the family tonight.

I'm currently reading Everything is Illuminated. It was written by a 25-year-old. I'm beginning to hate young writers. They all make me feel lazy.

At the moment, I'm listening to Elvis Costello. I like him.

Today's happy moment occured when I saw that someone whom I've never met face-to-face left me a message that she prayed for me last night. I thought that was beautiful.

I have nothing else to share. I love you all. Paz y gracia.

No comments: