Tuesday, January 18, 2005

In Memoriam

Being the Classic Hollywood Trivia Goddess that she is, I'm kinda surprised Sheila has nothing to say about this. Hmm.

For the maybe one of you who would care, Virginia Mayo died yesterday at the age of 84 of pneumonia and heart failure.

I just thought this should get a mention. She was in many of my favorite classic movies growing up. Whenever I think of Danny Kaye or Bob Hope, I think of Virginia.

And she was hot. Like "hott" hot. I mean... well, look at her. Geez. You can keep your Monroe's and whatnot. For me, the epitome of "classic Hollywood beauty" is Virginia.

More than just being eye candy, she was a talented and prolific actress, appearing in more than fifty films in her 50+ year career.

But I remember her best in "The Princess and the Pirate," "A Song is Born," and "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty."

So long, Virginia.

No comments: