Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Tuesday Linky-love

FINE. I'll resume regular blogging. Starting... now.
  • Joe Carter recycles some cool links he'd blogged before.
  • Speaking of recycled links, I still can't get over the ukelele playing.
  • And, here's an oldie but a goodie: the infamous Church Sign Generator. Go nuts.
  • Send a personalized message from Samuel L. Jackson? See, now THIS is why the Internets was invented.
  • While not nearly as funny as Weird Al's version, another James Blunt parody couldn't hurt.
  • Really, I'm just linking this because it features a certain formidable Cubs pitcher.
  • The Spiderman 3 3-D poster? Categorically, "teh awesome."
  • Best Lollapalooza clip I've seen so far: the Raconteurs cover Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy." Is there anything Jack White can't do?
  • Second Best Lollapalooza clip: Wayne's inflateable Space Bubble. Is there anything Wayne Coyne won't do? [h-t: both Lolla clips from Whitney at Pop Candy--where else?]
  • Reason #734859 why the Internets is the greatest invention in the history of time: Where else can you find a compendium of pictures of rabbits yawning? [h-t: TV oracle Ausiello]
  • If you love ripping on CCM as much as I do, you'll feel right at home here. It's all about the love/hate, folks.
  • My birthday wishlist just got a little bit longer. (Okay, really, just that last one. 3X, please!) [h-t: Wizbang Pop!]
  • IMonk issues a challenge about why he thinks Mark Driscoll bothers some believers. I have to confess: after reading some of his writings and hearing audio of him speaking, Mark Driscoll really doesn't bother me at all. In fact, a lot of what he's saying makes sense to me. Now, I understand that this admission means I may have to forfeit my SBC membership card (laminated and gold-accented, even!), but Driscoll has a lot of really good ideas about where the Church is headed and what it needs to do to keep doing the work it's called to. As a church leader he's still a little rough around the edges. But he's also authentic and humble, traits not often found among church leaders. And I respond to that. But that's just me. (By the way, if you don't know who Driscoll is, don't sweat it. I didn't until a few weeks ago.)
  • And finally, I leave you with one simple word.

No comments: