Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I may be a lover, but I ain't no dancer.

The dominant theme in my life right now is "cluttered." Chaotic. Jumbled. I'll spare you the ten-paragraph whining that I built my reputation on, because you don't need that and neither do I. Suffice to say, I've taken on some new responsibilities and elements to my life and my schedule, and I haven't really made the adjustment well. I am constantly behind in my obligations, and I don't like that feeling. Things are getting left undone and undone and still undone.

So, for the time being, PBB is going on temporary hiatus (after today), until I can get all my wayward ducks in a row. I don't know how long that will take--maybe a week, maybe a little longer. It will depend as much on how long it takes before I can't stand not talking to you lovely folks. ("I'm not an addict, it's cool...") This may also mean no Rock Star recap this week or next. (Okay, maybe I'll do that on Friday or something.) But when I come back, I'll have links to share and stories to tell and things to complain about, just like always.

But I need to get back to the business of being an adult and taking care of things. Of beating back the chaos that's started to creep into my daily life, and restoring order. So, for those of you who pray, if you could pray for me to get back on track and organized and self-controlled, I'd appreciate it.

Once things aren't so helter-skelter, I'll be back to burn up more internet space and brain cells, and the two or three of you who will still be around at that point will again have something to do for ten minutes a day at work.

Until then, peace and grace. --TD

No comments: