Monday, August 21, 2006

Monday Linky Love!

[Coming up this week: My "Snakes" experience, a post about plastic people (literally), and by request, more posts of a personal nature. Also, towards the end of the week, the second (and maybe third) part of the Huggins superhero origins tale, including his secret identity, revealed! Thanks for your patience; hope i can reward it.]

In the meantime, and for your afternoon viewing pleasure, LINKS!
  • No, seriously: who would mug Screech? (On an actual serious note--being falsely accused of attempted rape is every man's worst nightmare, because the assumption is ALWAYS that the woman is telling the truth. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is a shame.)
  • Check this out: I found this to be disturbing and utterly fascinating. Poor Garfield. [h-t: Pop Candy.]
  • It may be a Smirnoff advert, but that doesn't make it any less fun.
  • I'm a fan, but I still found this funny. (Link dedicated to Chris Jones.)
  • Peter at Alarm-Alarm gets himself all worked up. I sympathize, but the fact is--I am looking for a whimsical, beautiful geek. (And I love Natalie, too.) That doesn't make me an "indie yuppie." That just makes me slightly sad and unrealistic. (Be sure to read the source material, too. Interesting and blogworthy.)
  • This is pretty awesome. I don't get to say it much, but good on ya, (segments of) Hollywood! (Full list of signees is here.) [h-t: Say Anything]
  • RIP, Bruno. I liked you in "The Freshman."
  • It's not too early to start thinking about Christmas shopping for your favorite blogger. For those interested, Dave wants this.
  • Today on AOL music: they still lead with the Abomination(TM), but also featured are the "Idlewild" soundtrack, a reissue of the first Sublime album, and new music from Starsailor and...other people I don't care about.
  • It's almost fall, and you know what that means--the return of the greatest show on television!
There you go. Happy Monday. See you tomorrow.

No comments: