Tuesday, August 29, 2006

"Boy, you're gonna carry that weight, carry that weight a long time..."

At the risk of ending the blue streak of commentary in the previous post (can they hit #50?), I wanted to check in again and say hi.

Here's what's going on.

--Work is busy busy. Too much to do, and not enough is getting done. So I haven't been as prolific in this forum as I normally am. I'm sure you understand.

--As of this morning, I'm back on the diet. I've been off for about a month. While not eating like a total hog, I have been allowing myself too many culinary liberties, and I haven't been vigilant about portions or points. As a result, 8 pounds gained. So now I'm back on. And I immediately remember how much it stinks to be on a diet. But I've put it off too long. Time to get serious. If I don't, well, then I'm gonna carry this weight a long time. And I don't want that.

If you have any dieting/exercise techniques that work for you (or someone you know), feel free to share below.

--I am determined to finish the red typewriter story. Sometime this week. I won't give up. Don't give up on me.

--I am further determined to present another Bible Redux in the next week or so. Brand-new--not one of the ones I've been working on offline. This means I'm going to really have to get motivated to writing in the late late evening, when I get home from Job #2. But that's what it takes. I'm not giving up on this.


I think that's all I've got right now. But I wanted to let you know. And to ask for your encouragement. I've got to get down to business on these fronts. I know, before, I talked about taking one thing at a time, and putting some things off until later. But there's no time to lose, and there's too much at stake. No more slumber, golden or otherwise. Time for action.

No comments: