Wednesday, April 26, 2006

"Someday we will find the Cities of Gold!"

Might as well start the lameness a little early.

Years and years ago, I remember watching a cartoon on Nickelodeon (you know, back when they had cool stuff). It's been almost twenty years since I've seen this cartoon, but I still remember the theme song--tune and most of the words. It's been driving me nuts trying to find any more information on it.

For a long time, I scoured Google for answers, but it came back with nothing.

Today, a friend referred me to Retrojunk, which is my new favorite site. (Warning: Do not visit the site unless you have at least two hours that you can waste soaking up the old-school-ness.) This site has old commercials, movies, fad/trend discussions, and even the "title-intro" footage from old TV shows.

Well, I found what I was looking for. Not only that, I found out why I never could find it.

See, the cartoon I remember was actually two, shown back to back. The first was "Spartakus and the Sun Beneath the Sea" (which I remember the animation style and character appearances clearly). The second was "The Mysterious Cities of Gold" (with the theme song).

So for all this time, I was searching for "Spartacus and the City of Gold" to no avail.

And finding out this information--not only that, but actually listening to that cartoon's theme song--has totally made my day.

Talk about kicking off the ETL celebration right!

So, go on, click the "Cities of Gold" link, listen to the song, and enjoy the 80's goodness with me. C'mon, you can do it. Embrace it. Let it wash over you.

Lame on!

No comments: