Monday, February 21, 2005

One-Post Monday: Catch-all Edition

Coming up this week: a new movie review on Better Than Critics; Chapter 4 of the Louis story; a rant about the new culture of cool in Christianity; and other various and sundry things.

Hunter S. Thompson killed himself yesterday. I don't really feel one way or the other about this. I liked some of his writing. I don't know. It should be mentioned. So there's that.

Hope everyone's Lent is moving along swimmingly.

I finished "Blue Like Jazz." I'll post about it this week.

My dad's still waiting to hear about a job he interviewed for. Please pray that God's will is done, that our family may find contentment whatever the outcome, and that if possible, my dad can get this great new job.

And now, without further ado:

PBB Cool Ten (2/20-2/27): President's Day Edition

(no links; sorry, I'm busy--google it yourself.)

10) New CDs to replace old ones.
9) Spring Training is in full swing. (Get it, 'swing'? wakka wakka wakka)
8) I *do* like "sad, emo Beck" better.
7) "I'm not even supposed to be here today!"
6) You know what's a good movie? "Hitch."
5) As it turns out, "Buck" is not currently involved with "NewGirl". They dated in the past but are no longer an item. You hear that sound? That's the sound of the field of competition being cleared.
4) Two actors I enjoy: John Corbett and Ryan Reynolds.
3) My sisters love me.
2) My folks love me.
1) The strength to take small steps every day. Progress is tiny, consistent steps.

No comments: