Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Holy crap, they're kidnapping our action figures!

Honestly, can anyone take these people* seriously now?

A few hours ago, the major news services were running a story that a website run by Iraqi terrorists was reporting that they had captured an American soldier and were threatening to execute him.

Biff, do we have that picture? Thanks.

Right-click and open the link in a new window.

Take a good look at it. The facial features (esp. the eyes), the position of the legs. The weapon pointed at his head.

My first reaction? It's a frickin' G.I.Joe doll--excuse me, "action figure."

I didn't say anything about it at first. I'd feel bad if it turned out to be an actual human being.

As things are developing now, looks like my first guess was right.

The DoD has denied reports of any soldiers missing.

Holy crap, this is funny.

Read more here, here, here, and here.



* "These people" can be interpreted as the MSM and/or the terrorists in Iraq.

(Posted 3:36 p.m.--time changed for top billing)

No comments: