Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Blogging for Sanity Preservation (Vol. 357)

I feel hollow again, soul-thin and worn. I'm too busy. I do too much for too many. I do too much for myself.

I don't do nothing often enough.

I've been gorging myself on entertainments these days. Always consuming stories and pictures. I haven't taken the time to simply be still and acknowledge Divine Supremacy. I haven't taken the time to simply be.

I haven't really read my Bible in five days. I haven't really prayed in four.

I need to sleep more. I need to be more diligent. I need to be more.

I need. I need. I need.

God of all mercy, meet my need.

Help me feel full again, full of life, full of joy. Full of love for others.

I felt it last weekend. I want to feel that again.

Replace my hollow with your whole. Be my peace.

Forgive my selfishness and be my spirit of sacrifice.

Pry open my grimy, clenched fingers. Pull away my rag-doll desires.

I don't know what else to pray. I'm not happy today, and I don't know why.

Take my confusion, and my lingering unease.

Take my knotted stomach and heavy heart.

Make me a doorkeeper in your house, so that I may find contentment in Your proximity.

I need something, Father. Be my Something.

No comments: