Wednesday, October 26, 2005

No, really, this time I mean it...

I'm gonna do NaNoWriMo. I swear.

I've decided I'm going to use it as a way of breaking my fear of "[crappy] first drafts."

It's going to be complete brainsludge, utter nonsense, a completely spontaneous mess. I'm going to write as close to every day as I can, and each day will likely be something completely new and unrelated to what's gone on before.

I'm tempted to start each entry with the same sentence. Example: "I was working bar one night, when..."

You know? That could be kinda fun.

SO: Here's your assignment, faithful PBB readers--What should my intro line for each entry be? Keep it open-ended enough that I could actually write 30 different stories from it. Or don't, and make my job more difficult.

It doesn't have to be a whole sentence either. Maybe a phrase, or a theme. Get creative.

And I promise I'll use one of them (or one I come up with).

I'll choose the winner on Monday.

No comments: