Tuesday, March 29, 2005

"there was a canoe in the road.."

Somebody email me. Seriously. I'm dying over here.

+++++

I watched "I Heart Huckabees" twice last night. Consecutively. Once normally, and once with the director/stars commentary. I'm beginning to be convinced that it's a genius movie. Real Live Preacher put it perfectly--so perfectly that I wish I'd thought of it first: "I grok Huckabees."

So, a bonus Cool Ten--Huckabees quotes.

10. "You can't deal with my infinite nature, can you?" "That is so not true--wait, what does that even mean?"

9. "Jesus is never mad at us if we live with Him in our hearts!" "I hate to break it to you, but He is--He most definitely is!"

8. "We smashed locusts and made bread." "Honestly, I have no idea what you were saying..."

7. "This is you, you're what, 21? You have dark hair... This is me, I'm 60 years old, I'm wearing a grey suit... Over here is Vivian, my wife and colleague, right? ...And over here is the Eiffel Tower! It's Paris!"

6. "So can we do the pure being ball thing every day?"

5. "So, the interconnection thing--it's totally real!" "I knew it!"

4. "You're just smashing your own face, Brad! Now I'm smashing my face!"

3. "I've imagined chopping your head off with a machete many times." "Yeah, and I've imagined chopping you up with an axe and smashing your face with a baseball bat."

2. "Here comes Albert... who turned his back on his Other like a cold-blooded gangsta!"

1. "Again." *thwap* "Again." *thwap* "Did you feel it?" "I think so."


If you have no idea what I'm talking about, just wait. Full review on the MUCH IGNORED (ahem) "Better than Critics" site, later in the week.

+++++

A final word. If you don't understand the subject line--which is not from the brilliant movie--then you clearly aren't plugged in to the hippest blog around. And I feel sorry for you.

Happy Tuesday, all.

No comments: