Friday, March 04, 2005

"I've been sitting, waiting, wishing..."

Hey kids.

I've been exhorted by my superiors to improve my "workload management." As such, this means that until I get caught up, my posting may not be as often as I would like.

I'm about to the point where I have to bite the bullet and get internet at home, if I'm going to maintain my daily post volume. Which i want to, because maintaining this silly little page is the highlight of my day, as I've said before.

Anyways, I've gotta get some stuff done, so here's something to pass the time.

"Song of the Day," dedicated to the ever elusive "NewGirl":

=====

I was sitting waiting wishing
you believed in superstitions
then maybe you would see the signs
But Lord knows that this world is cruel
and I ain't the Lord, no I'm just a fool
learning loving somebody don't make them love you

Must I always be waiting, waiting on you?
Must I always be playing, playing the fool?

I sang your songs, I danced your dance
I gave your friends all a chance
but putting up with them
wasn't worth never having you
maybe you've been through this before
but it's my first time so please ignore
the next few lines because they're directed at you

I can't always be waiting, waiting on you
I can't always be playing, playing your fool

I keep playing your part
but its not my scene
want this plot to twist
I've had enough mystery
you keep building it up
but then you're shooting me down
but i'm already down

Just wait a minute
Just sitting waiting
Just wait a minute
Just sitting waiting

Well if I was in your position
Id' put down all my ammunition
I'd wonder why it had taken me so long
But Lord knows that I'm not you
and If I was I wouldn't be so cruel
because waiting on love ain't so easy to do

Must I always be waiting, waiting on you?
Must I always be playing, playing the fool?
No I can't always be waiting, waiting on you
I can't always be playing, playing your fool, fool

("Sitting, Waiting, Wishing" by Jack Johnson. Video here.)

No comments: