Thursday, November 29, 2007

"I'm a plant!" "I thought men like you were called a 'fruit'." (Updated!)

One of the questions from last night's Republican presidential debate was from a retired brigadier general with four decades of service, who said he was also an openly gay man. He asked the candidates if they supported or opposed allowing openly gay service members in the military.

I think it was a fair question, actually, and some of the candidates were quite, well, candid about their thoughts.

Turns out, this brig. general was also a Hillary Clinton campaign supporter.

Not just a supporter, but a national co-chair for the "Veterans and Military Retirees for Hillary" committee.

I don't think this is really a big deal--like I said, it's a fair question worth an answer.

But it's just funny, because this sort of thing seems to keep happening from the Clinton camp.

And really, as soon as I heard, I thought of this movie, and had to post something about it, just to justify the title.

Insta-Grow Update: Turns out there were MANY plants in the questions last night. At least three other "undecided" questioners were in fact VERY decided Democrat voters. [h-t: Say Anything.]

In the words of Gomer Pyle: "Sur-prise, sur-prise, sur-prise!"

No comments: