- First, required reading: Michaela gives a tour of some workplace (*cough*Starbucks*cough*) employee archetypes. Well worth your time. The quote from "The Joker" made my morning.
- I know you've already seen it, but it's worth another look: The Chronic(what)cles of Narnia Rap.
- Speaking of CON, here's a Slate report on Turkish Delight. Apparently, Edmund had really bad taste in candy.
- Tara Cobble writes about how evangelicals may be too hastily embracing Bono as their hero. She's likely guilty of over-reaction, but she raises questions worthy of consideration.
- Much is written about C.S. Lewis' conversion, but Anne Morse looks at his wife Joy Gresham's journey to faith. I had never heard this side of the story before.
- Patrick Cranshaw has died. "You're my boy, Blue! You're my boy!"
- Anti-Christian clothing brands. That's cute. [/sarcasm]
- On a serious note, here's a new round of reports on the side effects of the "morning-after pill." Submitted without commentary, for your informational needs.
- Found a funny online comic. Very "gamer-centric." It's called "Ctrl-Alt-Del." (Archives here.) Note: Uses "adult language," so be advised.
- The funniest new show on TV, in my opinion, is "How I Met Your Mother." There are two episodes online here, though I don't know for how long. Worth watching on your lunchbreak. NOTE: Also contains "adult language/situations." Not obscene, I don't think, unless you find the show "Friends" to be offensive. So be advised.
- The Strokes' new album is streaming free online. Also contains bad language. (Geez, what is this, a running gag?)
- Finally: I found this old post while searching the archives for something else. I have to say, I'm still proud of it, and it's still relevant. It's a rant, and it may tick some folks off a bit. But I think it has a lot to say. So there you go.
Non-linky, but I'm excited, so I thought I'd share. Took my giftcard and coupon to Halfprice Books. Picked up Dunn's Geek Love, Coupland's Eleanor Rigby, Mike Nelson's Movie Megacheese, and the ever-elusive MST3K Amazing Colossal Episode Guide (which I've only seen once before, anywhere).
Total after gift card and coupon? About 3 bucks. Oh yeah.