Thursday, July 07, 2005

But I haven't watched Alias in months...*

Dream report:

I'm kinda fuzzy how the dream began, but I remember getting a call at work from a woman who was rather desparate for me to come to her aid. This particular person was an old school chum whom I had/have a soft spot for, so I obliged.

I arrive at her house to find out what all the fuss is about. As it turns out, this person (we shall call her Janis) had murdered--yes, murdered--her boyfriend. Who, as it turns out, was Vaughn from "Alias." She didn't seem too distressed about it; one would assume she'd planned this in some way. However, she knew her parents were arriving back at the house in a matter of hours, and she didn't know how to dispose of the body.

(I remember feeling, not shock or revulsion at the murder, but instead a strange sense of relief that she was single again. I'm not quite sure what this says about me, subconscious or otherwise.)

After a series of The-Trouble-with-Harry moments, we are still having trouble finding a place to hide the body. Then there's a knock at the door.

I look out the window, and see that it is two of my supervisors from work. Remember, I'd cut work to help Janis with her problem. I immediately hid in the garage (I assume) under some wooden steps leading down from the door. My two bosses come through the door and start walking down the steps. Knowing I'd be nabbed, I stuck my hands out to the side and said, "All right, you found me, I'm here." I crawl out from under the space, and they give me a stern look. "Come back to work," they say, and then they turn and leave.

I go back inside the house and Janis is still trying to hide the body. She tells me there's no time to lose.

And then I wake up.

Bizarro.

[*Hat-tip and wink to Barbara for the title.]

No comments: