Thursday, May 12, 2005

Rinky-Linky-Dinky Thursday

(For the record, I'd love to claim to have coined the phrase "linky-love", but I don't believe I did. Sadly, I don't know where I might have picked it up. If I stole it from you, I apologize for the uncited usage. Heh.)

"I got treats for your surfable..."
  • All you twentysomethings should get involved in this. Come on, who doesn't love talking about being a twentysomething in this day and age? ...Okay, maybe it's just me. (Hat-tip: Huggins.)
  • Speaking of Huggins, here's a great article he wrote about blogging. Why do I love it so much? He quoted me. Righteous.
  • "Hypocrisy, meet PETA. PETA, hypocrisy. What's that? You've already met?" (Via Malkin)
  • For you aspiring Jedi Knights, a tutorial on the inner workings of your greatest weapon. "Not as clumsy or as random as a blaster, but an elegant weapon for a more civilized age." (Via Michele)
  • Something else for the Napoleon Dynamite fans: ND meets Halo.
  • Movie trailer time: the newest Batman spot (including a brief glimpse of Cilian Murphy [from "28 Days Later"] as Dr. Jonathon Crane, a.k.a The Scarecrow).
  • Here's the teaser trailer for the new Harry Potter flick, due in November.
  • And here's the trailer for the new "Zorro" movie with Antonio Banderas. Mock if you must--but I enjoyed the first one quite a bit.
  • On a more serious note: some of you Bison alumni may not be aware, but Dr. Shirley Jones passed away last month. I didn't enjoy her as much--she was one tough cookie, especially when it came to grades and absences. But she was a knowledgable and respected member of the English faculty, and her shadow is long over the department.
There you are. That should keep you occupied for a while.

Coming up (realistically, not like last time when I did two of the seven things I listed) in the next day and a half:
--Yes, Steph, I'll do the "if I could be" game.
--And a new blog activity, inspired by Myles: letters to dead celebrities.

No comments: