Tuesday, May 24, 2005

PBB Dead Letter Office: Rich Mullins

Jane writes:

Dear Rich Mullins:

I'm mad that you died before I got to hear you in person. But I'll forgive you if you teach me how to play hammer dulcimer in heaven. Deal?

Sincerely,

Jane

Fortunately, Rich wasn't too difficult to track down. He was happy to get the letter, and his response is posted below:

Dear Janey,

Good to hear from you! Thanks for dropping me a line.

My death kinda took me by surprise, too. But if there's anything I've learned about the Father, it's that His timing is always better than ours. Everything He does is right and good!

As for your request, absolutely! I've been working up some new material I can teach you. As a matter of fact, I've been giving a few people up here lessons lately. King David (the Psalmist) was a particularly quick study, as soon as he learned the string arrangement.

One last thing: you know how I sang about the beauty of God's creation on Earth, and about how much better Heaven would be?

I had no idea.

Not even my most incredible dreams could describe it. No words can capture it. Even the word "perfect" seems shabby.

The closest I can get is the word "home." Where He is, here I am also. There is no greater joy!

Blessings. Carry on, my sister. And hope for the day when we can both stand in the presence of the Author of Life and Light.

The Peace of Christ to you,

Rich

====

Remember, PBB readers, send in your letters to pbbdeadletters -at-hotmail-dot-com.

No comments: