Friday, May 27, 2005

Quick Hits

  • Finished watching The Aviator last night. Holy crap. I'm now willing to take back pretty much every snarky thing I've ever said about Leonardo DiCaprio's acting skills. I mean, damn. He was phenomenal. The movie was also great, and should have won more awards than it did. (Sidenote: You Wainwright fans will appreciate that, not only does Rufus perform in the movie, but so does his father Louden and his sister Martha. I thought that was keen.) So there you go. Mark it down, folks--"Dave praises DiCaprio performance."
  • I found this interesting. Points to consider, perhaps, if you are of that political persuasion. (Alliteration run rampant, it seems.)
  • Going to see SWe.3 again in... roughly 3 1/2 hours. Woohoo!
  • Some things never get old. Example: "I've got a fever! And the only prescription is..."
  • Come on, folks. The Dead Letter thing isn't *that* creepy. Okay. Fine. We're opening it up. You may now write to living celebrities as well. Just write.
  • I'm looking forward to a weekend with family and friends. Enjoy the holiday, but use it for what it's intended. Remember the cost of your freedom. Honor the fallen, and the ones still fighting.

No comments: