Monday, October 11, 2004

Monday Post Madness: Odds and Ends

--I was going to post about Friday's presidential debate, but I think I'll save that and roll it into a great big "Debate Wrap-up" post on Thursday.

--Pop quiz: what's Thursday?

--I failed to mention it when it occured, but it's not to late for me to bring up the fact that "Perfect Blue Buildings" has recently passed the 5,000 visits mark. That's really really cool, actually. (Granted, I've been blogging for over two years and have only been counting for the last five months, but still, it's cool.) So, on the occasion of this recent milestone, I'd like to say a few words of thanks.

  • Thanks to the hundreds--literally HUNDREDS--of you who have found my site by searching for "Perfect Blue" (an apparently popular anime film) and "Perfect Blue Buildings meaning/lyrics/chords/tabs/interpretations." Each time one of you has found my page, you've stayed here for such a short time that Sitetracker lists you as 0 seconds. Thanks for running up my visit tally artificially. While I have no information on the film, please find the answers to all of your Counting Crows queries at annabegins.com. And stop coming here.
  • Thanks also to the searchers who have stumbled across my page somehow while searching for items like "cheerleader striptease" and "girls undressing in slow motion." While I can't fathom how you ended up here, and I apologize for not fulfilling your self-gratification needs, thanks for stopping by. You perverted bastards.
  • Thanks must also go out to all my "unknown" friends. I don't know who you are, where you're from, or why you pulled my page up. I have no way of contacting you back to say, "hey, thanks for checking in." So I hope this meager greeting will suffice. On a related note, WHO ARE YOU? THIS STALKER-LIKE BEHAVIOR IS HELLA CREEPY.
  • And finally--most importantly--thank you, actual readers. I like you guys. I enjoy hearing from you, and I love reading your comments. Especially when you sign in to disagree with me completely. Really. No, seriously--all kidding aside, thanks. I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it, because it's true--you guys are why I do this.

All right, enough sweetness.

--I got a raise on Friday. Go me, for kicking ass. Goes into effect next week, so I just want to let you know, the next round's on me.

--I also got a new tire for the truck. So I am happy to report that as of right now, a solid 50% of my tires present no risk to me in the event of hazardous road conditions. Your tax dollars at work, folks.

--My awesome Sunday School class bought me two books, as a thank you for filling in as teacher a few weeks ago. Just the love and encouragement I needed.

--I procured a used VHS copy of "Beautiful Girls" from Halfprice for four bucks yesterday. Go me. I watched it last night. I'll likely watch it tonight. And maybe tomorrow.

--I'm going to St. Louis in nine days. That's vaguely exciting. It's work-related, but it will still be fun.

--I can't believe I'm going to say this, and I'll probably repent of it tomorrow--but go Astros, and beat those lousy Braves. (My Cubbies took a dive this year, so I can't hold it against the 'Stros. And the only teams I hate more than the Astros are the Braves, Cardinals, and Yankees. Pretty clear who I'm rooting for, this post-season.)

--Football notes: The Texans came back from a 21-0 deficit halfway through the third quarter, to tie the game at 28 in the final minutes and force an overtime against the Vikings. And then they lost. Unlike hockey, you don't get a point for the overtime loss. Stupid Texans. Carr's still a hoss QB though. And the announcers used the word "Favre-like" four or five times, when describing him. That's gotta be a good sign for the future.

--Speaking of hockey, Aeros hockey starts this Friday. Who's got two thumbs and is ready for the AHL [minor league] hockey season to start? This guy! (Who's got two thumbs and is grumbling about the NHL lockout? That guy.)

--Snippet movie review: "The Forgotten" is a wacky movie that poses briefly as a government-conspiracy flick before drifting way out into X-Files country. That being said, it's a good flick with several good "jump" moments. Enjoyable, and worth (at least) your rental fee down the road.

That's all, folks. Have a good night.

"All's quiet in Grover's Corners. Everyone's resting in Grover's Corners. You get some rest, too. Good night."

No comments: