Wednesday, October 20, 2004

"All my bags are packed and I'm ready to go..."

I'm blogging here, at 8:44
I hate to bug out again after such a short time...


Okay, enough bad parody.

Yes, it's true, I'm going to be in Communicado (is that near Cancun?) for the next several days. I'm going out of town on business (my first business trip! ha!) to a conference in the exotic and incredibly sexy city of...

St. Louis.

Eh. I'll get to see the Arch. That'll be cool.

Your prayers for safety and endurance will be greatly appreciated.

So entertain yourselves while I'm gone. Push the comment box limits. I'll give you a topic that is sure to get you talking:

DISCUSSION QUESTION: I saw a report today on Good Morning America about a drug that is being developed that will reduce the intensity and painfulness of memories if taken right after a traumatic event. The capsule lowers the amount of "stress hormone" released, since that is what makes our memories of tragic incidents so painful and long-lasting.

Should doctors be developing a drug that, in effect, removes or reduces bad memories? What are the benefits of such treatments? What are the dangers? Would you take advantage of such a medicine, if it became available?

(I'd really like to hear what you think about this. And hey, I could have asked you about politics, so be grateful.)

No comments: