Tuesday, June 01, 2004

And now a post that pales in comparison...

After that, it feels almost foolish to talk about unimportant things. But I'll steam ahead.

Movie Recommendations:

50 First Dates--I know, I know, it's stupid fluff rom-com, but it was still funny. It also sports a great soundtrack. Once you get past the first few moderate gross-out gags, it really turns into a sweet story with a good heart. And it's a Hollywood rarity, in that it shows that love means commitment--even when your significant other can't remember who you are.

Shrek 2--I've heard some folk complain that it's not as good as the original. I really didn't go in trying to compare them, I just expected it to be funny and irreverent. I wasn't disappointed. I'll likely purchase this one when it hits DVD release. I have the feeling I'll be watching it over and over. For those of you who've seen it, I think my favorite joke was the "catnip" gag. Go ahead, laugh with me, that's it. Thanks.

Big Fish was also freaking great, but I don't want to write any more about movies.

In other news...

Um, go Cubs. Thanks for beating the Astros finally, after two humiliating defeats. It's been difficult to work around here, with the boss gloating and all. Keep it up.

And now, two fun items that get their own posts.

No comments: