Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Vacation Story # 3a--Like a bow, double-knotted

I saw her for the last time. She is standing in full graduation regalia, her proud parents camcordering away. I'm searching for my friend, and we end up almost running into each other. She calls out "Hey David!" (I'm not sure why she used my full name.) I wasn't paying attention, but now I see her. She's still beautiful.

I can't remember exactly what I said. I think it included, "hi; congratulations; good luck; take care; i'm looking for josh; bye." But with feeling, because I meant all of it.

I was in a hurry. I was also caught offguard. So late in the trip, I didn't expect to see her at all. But the thirty seconds were good. My last memory of her is good. And that makes me happy.

If I didn't say all of that then, I'm saying it now. Good luck, Ophelia. Really and truly. Your contribution to the world will be great, so be brave, be strong, and make it. You will always be important to me, and your happiness makes me glad. Best wishes and love. --Dave

No comments: