Monday, November 28, 2005

Writerly Thoughts

Usually, I find myself moving in and out of times of inspiration. I'm moving into one right now. This usually means that no matter what I'm doing, I'd rather be writing, yet when I sit down to write, I can't put anything coherent together.

Yet, I find myself throughout the day muttering poetic or flowery phrases under my breath. It's like Writer Tourettes. In the middle of very grounded, reasonable emailing to work colleagues, my mind is filled with elusive, fluttering words and descriptions of moonlight or cold or whatever. I can't even grasp them long enough to jot them down. As quickly as I see them, they disappear.

There are even snatches of melody and song lyrics. Of course, I'm not musical, so I can't even remember the tunes.

This kind of overactive "lit" gland is frustrating. And terribly exciting.

You scribblers out there: this ever happen to you?

[by the way, i may be moving back into "Taylor House." renovations may be needed, of course. i'm considering switching to first-person, just to shake things up creatively. so that's exciting.]

No comments: