Friday, November 11, 2005

Another entry for the "Don't associate us with That" File

(Hat-tip: Trav)

The day that any self-proclaimed minister of the Gospel tells people not to bother turning to God in times of crisis, is the day that man needs to step down from his position of authority.

Pat Robertson, you are my brother in Christ, but your words are anathema to the very Gospel you profess. Even Nineveh got more mercy than you are showing. You have overstepped your bounds, and have set yourself up as the spokesperson for a God you seem to have forgotten.

I forgive you, and I love you, but I cannot accept this. I will pray that your eyes may be opened, so that you can seek forgiveness for this ungraceful, shameful display.


[I also feel compelled to add, "There, but for the grace of God, go I." And I ask you, my brothers and sisters, to call me on it if I ever say something so foul.]

No comments: