Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Who Needs a Topic When You've Got a Quiz?

I've been really busy as of late, and though I'm sure I have terribly interesting things to say, I can't seem to think of any.

If you want to read fantastic/fascinating/beautifully-written "big question" posts, go here. Or here. Or pretty much anything here or here. Or all the other links a la derecha.

Today is not Dave's f/f/b-w "bq" day. Today's Dave's "I am too tired to really whip up something fantabulous, so instead of crappy posts, I'll pull out yet another reader poll" day.

So here it is:

I saw a TV show (don't remember which) that asked people what their "theme song" is. And I thought about it--a tough choice. Because just one song doesn't cut it. So here's the question:

What are your two theme songs--the one for your good days, and the one for your dark days? Don't just crank out a flip answer; give it more than a moment's thought. I think this could be a really interesting activity.

And as a consolation to the indecisive among you, you may have ONE alternate, to be used in either category (BUT NOT BOTH).

My songs:

Light: "Beautiful Day" by U2 ("what you don't have, you don't need it now...")

Dark: "Perfect Blue Buildings" by Counting Crows [saw that one coming]

ALTERNATE Dark: "I Wish I Felt Nothing" by the Wallflowers


=====
Your turn.

No comments: