Things that make me sigh contentedly/wistfully:
- Winter in Oklahoma; walking in from the snow to a warm building, peeling off layers of clothing as the numb tip of my nose begins to thaw.
- "Sixth Avenue Heartache" by the Wallflowers.
- Weddings of close and beloved friends.
- Sleepy, overcast days that I'm allowed to spend on the couch, reading, occasionally looking up at the greyed-out window.
- Scarlett Johannson singing "More than This" in Lost in Translation
- The smell of new ink
- Remembering what romantic love felt like. The good parts.
- Hiding away in a bookstore.
- The smell of coffee.
Update: Okay, okay, I thought of more (and I'm poaching some of the ones mentioned already).
- Yes, pretty much everything by the Counting Crows (I thought that could go without saying). But especially "A Long December" (which reminds me of a girl from California I fell in love with in high school), "Anna Begins," and "Holiday in Spain."
- "Fred Jones, Part Two" from Ben Folds' live album.
- The smell of cold.
- Crunching leaves.
- "Hallelujah" by Jeff Buckley. (Good call, Krista.)
- Torrential rain.
- The thrill that comes from holding that certain someone's hand for the first time.
- The ending of Before Sunset.
Enough. You go again.