Monday, May 02, 2005

PBB Cool Ten (5/1-5/7)

10. 12-12. Still at .500, still in second place in the division, despite losing the last two games of the Astros series. Ugh. C'mon Mark. Get 'er done, dude.
9. "Joo know what ees cool? Carlito ees cool." (I just had to.)
8. Hopefully getting to hang out with Cain today.
7. I borrowed a copy of Peretti's new book from the library. Mmm. Libraries.
6. Something else cool.
5. "Hitchhiker's" was funny.
4. Hanging with family is always good.
3. Teaching on Sunday went okay. Even though the guest speaker in "big church" covered the same material I did, and covered it better.
2. My shiny new copy of "Sink or Swim."
1. The audio clips from yesterday were recorded at the end of a Don Chaffer concert. He and Lori were vacationing in Galveston, so he decided to play a solo show at Ecclesia Houston and the Taft Street Coffeehouse. I got the mailing list email on Friday, and decided to come out and see him play. He played for more than an hour and a half, and all but maybe 3 or 4 of the songs were new ones, including a few he'd never played in front of an audience before. All I can say--awesome. I finally figured out how to get some signal reception to the cell phone, at the end of the show, so I could snag a few songs for you all. So there you go. An explanation for the audio clips. Enjoy.

No comments: