10. 16-20. 7 1/2 games behind St. Louis, but 2 1/2 games ahead of Houston. We got a write-up by Peter Gammons--unfortunately, it's about teams that disappoint. No freakin joke, Pete.
9. Do you believe in Sasquatch? Frank Peretti's characters do. (I'm almost halfway into it; it's...good.)
8. You know who else believes in Sasquatch? The D. Comedy Central aired all six shorts from their HBO series. Freakin hilarious.
7. Josh Joplin is really good.
6. Picked up some great books at Half-Price, including the Pulitzer-Prize-winning "Gilead," Shirley Jackson's "The Haunting of Hill House," and an awesome book called "The Friendly Dickens" that I'm looking forward to tearing into.
5. Spent the weekend watching the sisters while my folks were in San Antonio. Which translates into: carted the kids around for hours, played a game of Life (which is totally souped up and a bit more "realistic" now!), watched "Racing Stripes" AND "Kicking and Screaming", put up with hours of lame Disney Channel shows, ate out a few times, and cooked hot dogs and mac-n-cheese for the kiddo on Saturday night. Woo-hoo.
4. Smallville Season Finale is this Wednesday! Can Clark save Smallville from yet another deadly meteor shower??? We'll find out! The real question is, can the show be saved from the recent rash of lame ep's that have crept up throughout the fourth season? I'm hoping the answer to both questions is "yes," but I'm only certain about the first question being answered in the affirmative.
3. Mike and Ginny are getting married this weekend. I'm so happy for them.
2. Last night, I saw The Sad Accordions play at the Taft. Oh man. Expect a post about this later.
1. Oh yeah, punks. Can you feel it? Sixty-one and a half hours away!!!