1) ETL Update: I'm saddened not as many of you are into it this year, but were I honest, I'd admit that I kind of half-a...heartedly put out the effort this year. What can I tell you? It was a busy week. Too many moving parts, and none of them interesting enough to mention by name. However, I will accept your ETL lists through the next day or so. See? I'm a sport like that. And a great big THANK YOU to the hearty folks who've pitched in thusfar. Keen.
2) Highlight of the weekend: Meeting Tony, a first-time visitor to my Sunday School class this week, and then later finding out he's actually about to head to the NFL. Gives me a small reason to cheer for Indy. Check out this piece from the NYTimes about Tony. Seems like a great kid. Really polite, nice. Huge guy. Brawny. But mild-mannered and mellow-cool. So we're praying he does well for himself with the Colts.
3) Mic provides a great reminder that being in your 20's is actually pretty cool. I have to remind myself pretty regularly that that's true.
4) Some other interesting things:
- Bjork's new album is online. [h-t: Pop Candy]
- Currently enjoying: AOL streaming the indie-riffic Spidey 3 Soundtrack.
- Things that only happen in movies. [h-t: Evangelical Outpost]
- The trailer to "The Bourne Ultimatum." Looks like...the last two. Cool. [PC]
- Enter to win a walk-on part in an upcoming Marvel movie. (or don't enter, because I want to win.) [PC]
- Jollyblogger says violence and bloodshed are not cool and fun. Something to consider.
- More Cubs junk, for those of you who care.
- Also, my condolences to the Cards organization and their fans, on the passing of Josh Hancock. That's really sad. Sorry, y'all.
5) Finally, some cool YouTube-ness:
"Earth Intruders," Bjork (on Saturday Night Live):
"Angels," Robbie Williams (featuring Joss Stone):
"Polkarama," a fan-made compilation based on Weird Al's latest polka masterpiece:
Post a Comment