Friday, April 27, 2007

"ETL 2007" : Dave's Official List! (UPDATED HALL OF LAME!)

Here you go. My lame list for 2007:

1. Total Smallville addict. It's progressed into full-on addiction, despite the show being branded and marketed as a nighttime "soap opera." I'm on about a half-dozen fansites and related commentary sites, including one site that features fan-drawn three-panel comics. (For the record, last Thursday's episode was fantastic.)

2. Related: The new Smallville promotion is an online game that culls elements of the pre-existing fansite's code-breaking game. And when I found out about this, I was a little disappointed, because I felt like something we "real" fans had that was secret and special wasn't so special anymore.

3. I've come to appreciate Justin Timberlake as a legitimate musical artist. (Don't worry, I don't own any of his albums...yet.)

4. I signed up for Netflix three months ago for the expressed purpose of renting their 35 or so "Mystery Science Theater 3000" episodes. (Realization: They're not all gems. *shrug*) At this point, however, I've watched half of them, and my queue has still grown to about 100 titles (mainly due to series sets like The Prisoner, Cowboy Bebop, and Battlestar Galactica).

5. Last night, I held a Sunday School class event at my parents' house. It was Movie Night. The title viewed? "The Muppet Movie." (You already know how I feel about that film.)

6. Related: I've almost worn out my DVD set of the first season of The Muppet Show. Brilliant.

7. Update on the "being a rock star in a cover band" fantasy: it has only been enhanced by the advent of "Guitar Hero II." Now I'm able to play rock songs using very simple button combination, and totally feed off of the righteous ego boost that is video game crowd noise. I do the "lead guitar rock and roll" face when I play, throwing in little head bobs. Sometimes, I play standing up in my living room, and when I rock a song pretty well, at the end I'll throw up the rock horns. Yeah, I'm a dork.

8. I bought a "exercise ball" to exercise with. I currently use it as a video game chair.

9. I consider my dominance in Trivial Pursuit as a point of personal pride. Which is why it took all of my mature energies not to pout when I lost last night, and people started rubbing it in.

10. I'm a total word geek. Grammar, spelling, etymology, roots. It stems directly from being an English major. (Or vice versa.)

11. I don't have automatic locks on my car, so every time I get out of my car and start to walk away, I immediately turn around and go back and check that the door is locked. It's gotten to the point that if I'm with Will or my sister, as soon as my step slows, about fifteen feet away, they immediately say, "It's locked." I ask, "Are you sure?" They often respond, "I checked." Yeah, I'm neurotic.

12. It made my week this week when I found out that Weird Al Yankovic was coming back to town. I'm such a big fan. He's just a genius entertainer. I'm about to spend forty bucks or so on tickets to Al's show.

More to come...


HALL OF LAME!!!

Manders!
Leann! (And then more!)
Trav!
Kelly!
Jane!

No comments: