Friday, June 02, 2006

Well... (UPDATED)

Thank you all for your comments on the last piece. I appreciate your kind words.

However, after rereading the post and the comments, there are a few related issues that I feel compelled to address, so as to avoid confusion or misunderstanding of my intention.

Don't worry, I'm not going to take back anything I've said, because I stand behind all of it. But I feel like maybe I need to flesh out a few follow-up issues.

Those of you who are now bracing for the worst from me, don't worry, really. I'm NOT going to change direction and "bring in da noise, bring in da fundie." I just want to add some Scriptural direction and foundation to the ideas and where they lead.

...Unfortunately, that said, I'm staring down the barrel of a noon deadline that just won't quit. So this evening, before I go home, I promise to address the corrolary issues of the previous post. And maybe, if I'm feeling extra spunky, I'll go ahead and move into the issue of loving your enemies, Trav. Definitely will address that before I go on vacation in a week and a half.

So: all that to say, the discussion's not done. Hang around for the follow-up.



UPDATE: You know, I was thinking about this, and I decided that I need to do a little more thinking. So I'm gonna work on this one AND the next one over the weekend. Come back on Monday, we'll hash these lingering issues out. Thanks for your patience.

No comments: