Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Brief Text-based Interlude

I'm coming at ya live from the lobby of the Drury Inn in downtown Frankenmuth, MI. This town is one crazy place, lemme tell ya. Little Bavaria, they call it. It's all German food and crafts and touristy-type things. If I were a beer drinker, I'd be plastered right now, because there's beer everywhere. Plus, I was forced to spend more than two hours in the world's largest Christmas store. Yeah. Seriously, I'd be sloshed as a result.

Of course, if I were a beer drinker, I'd probably be on my way back to Chi-town to hook up with a Wrigley Girl, so that's really neither here nor there. (I wonder why none of you commenters mentioned my use of the term "Wrigley girls"? I expected something from one of you women, at least. Tiff or Kim, maybe. I hope that thing posted correctly. I can't go back and listen to them to make sure they all did. If somehow it didn't, I'll explain the "Wrigley girl" or "Wrigley chick" concept to you later.)

The vacation is more than half over, and as I said in my oh-so-entertaining audio posts (at least, I think I did), it's gone a lot better than I expected. Everyone's behaved themselves for the most part.

Here's the rest of the itinerary: tomorrow afternoon here in germantown, and tomorrow night with family in Jackson. Then, Wednesday in the early AM, I'm hitting the road and heading toward the big MO for some chillin with my KC boys. (I'll give you a call Tuesday night, Mr. T.) After KC, it's on to Shawnee, where I'll see the newly-minted Taylors and the less-recently-minted Cains. (I have to give Josh a call, too. Crap. I need to get on the ball.) After a day and a half in Shawnee, I'm swinging south for the home stretch--but not before lunch with my favorite person named after a cookie. (Not you, Little Debbie, sorry.) If any of you on the route want to see me, and you have my phone number, gimme a call, yo. If not, sorry, kiddo.

Reader news: Make sure to swing by Kelly's page and wish the proud papa congratulations for his beautiful new baby girl. Many congrats, dude. That's so awesome.

The internets here at the Drury are being very finicky about whose pages they let me surf, so I can't see what some of you are up to. So I'm going to trust that you're all doing well and that you miss me terribly. Of course you do.

I think that's all I have to say right now. I'm out, dude. Have a good night/morning.

And don't worry. Lots and lots of pictures are being taken.

No comments: