Friday, June 09, 2006

"Now it's time for 'so long'..."

"But I'll sing just one more song..."

Well, here we are. End of the week. I'm gone, man, solid gone.

But I'm sad, because I fully intended to drop one more "what I'm learning" post on you before I hit the door. Guess I need to learn a little more before I write that.

Well, I'll see several of you in the next two weeks, some for the first time, others for the first time in a long time (wow, I can't shake the church lingo, can I? heh.), and still others for the latest of many, many times. I'll be happy to see each of you, because I miss you all.

And those I won't get to see, well, I'll make it up to you someway somehow.

So before I go, some parting gifts.

Personal Message: To the two couples I know who are getting married this weekend, many congratulations and a thousand happinesses (yes, I'm making that one up) be upon you on your special day. May God richly bless you Carters and you Danners. Peace and grace.

Linky-dinky Love: Gotta throw something for your weekend entertainment.
  • Joe Carter talks about reverence and relevance. I haven't finished reading it, but it's good so far. Let me know what you think.
  • Behold! The tragedy of Hamlet--shortened, and with Legos. Here's Act 1. Get the other's on the filmmaker's profile page. (This may be good for you non-readers who couldn't last through the play.)
  • Here's a drama literally unfolding online as I type. I'm not going to summarize it here, but it involves a stolen Sidekick cellphone, and the Internet campaign waged to get it back and bring the thieves to justice. It sounds so bizarre, but it's really happening in New York. Crazy.
  • I don't know if you've heard the rumors, but I want to make sure you know the truth: Steve Urkel is not dead. We can all breathe a sigh of relief and go back to enjoying our polka music and gigantic wheels of CHEEEEEEEEEEEEESE.
  • Speaking of polka, Weird Al Yankovic has released his first new song in 3 years on his website. It's a parody of James Blunt's "You're Beautiful," and it's fantastic. There's a link (several, actually) on his homepage. Worth checking out.
  • One small political thing: Here's a fabulous editorial from the Toronto Star about the recent terror arrests in Canada, and the way terrorists see "neutral" Westerners.

Guess that's it, gang. It's been fun. I may try to post here and there while on the road, but don't expect a whole lot from me.

If nothing else, I'll be back on the 26th. With pictures, yes, with pictures.



[Oh, one more thing. Just in case--well, you know--I want you to remember this: God loves you madly. Walk in His love. And I love you, too. Peace and grace.]

No comments: