Monday, March 13, 2006

Retraction... actually, more of a Disclaimer

Friday's fun post about the hockey game and its aftermath needs to be marked as "Creative Nonfiction."

I portrayed my compadre Will as being rather sardonic, and I think that was unfair. He was actually really good-natured and supportive throughout the evening (even after the attempts on his life). However, I have to confess, I thought writing his 'character' as I did made it a little funnier. (Was it? Maybe not.)

Okay, more to the heart of things, I was filtering the memory through a lens of embarrassment. I had been arrogant about my navigation skills, and God let me look foolish to keep me humble. So I felt awkward that evening, and that awkwardness bled over into my account.

But I don't want to give the wrong impression, and I'm sorry if I did. Will's my closest friend in Houston, and the one person I want to talk to when I need good advice. For those of you who don't know him, you're missing out, because he's pretty keen.

And for the record, it was the most exciting hockey game I've been to, possibly, ever. So thanks for that, dude.

Okay, everyone, get back to work.

No comments: