Sunday, March 01, 2009

Saturday night, three thirteen.

I'm waiting for my clothes to finish agitating--rather the machine to finish agitating--so i can toss my jeans in the dryer and get a few hours of sleep. I'm tired and worn out--what better time to blog?

Today was good. Five hours of discussion/notes about singles ministry/Sunday school. A few hours of lesson prep, a few hours of sitcom watching. Three hours of retro-skate. Almost three hours in a booth at Denny's with my three favorite people from church.

Which brings us to now. Listening to the washer drum spin. The feet are uneven. It makes noise and moves a bit each time I do a load of laundry.

I'm happy--well, maybe not happy, maybe that's not the right word--I'm pretty content with my life as it stands. Sure, work's stressful. Sure, I'm still fat and single. But God is awesome. And every day, I'm reminded of how much I've been given, and the love I have for people in my life.

So here's to you, missus robinson. Jesus loves me more than I can ever know, and each day, I see new aspects of it.

Each time I sin, and repent, I find new mercies. New grace. The Gospel is just as true for me now as ever.

[The washer just stopped. I'm not done.]

I don't know what the next year holds. But I'm ready for what comes. As ready as I'll ever be. I want to be part of God's mission in the world. So we'll see.

What's on the horizon? Tomorrow, I'm gonna ask a woman at church if she wants to get coffee sometime. Next weekend, I'm going to again try out for "The Biggest Loser." I also may see "Slumdog Millionaire" again.

Of those, only the movie is a sure thing. Go see it, it's really good.

I'm rambling now. But it is, after all, three twenty in the morning. Sunday morning coming down.

Time for 4 and a half hours of sleepy sleep. Goodnight my dear friends. I love you. God loves you. His love is bigger than mine.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Oh, I would be so happy if you made it on The Biggest Loser! I'm glad you are even open to trying out again - Rejection is never fun, but I'm glad you might give it another chance! You never know what could happen!