Monday, March 01, 2004

"Josephine, you're so good to me, but I know it ain't easy..."

"Josephine, you're so sweet, you must taste just like sugar, and tangerine..."

*****

I'm in a mellow mood today. Very loose. Very liquid. And in this flux, I'm in no state of mind to "recap" or anything of that sort, concerning this weekend's events.

As such, the overly wordy "weekend in review" has been condensed to two items that stood out. As follows:

"I see a lovesick savior and I can see the scars that he wears..."
Go see the Passion of the Christ, if you haven't yet. Yes, I've read all the pros and cons, but in the end, as a piece of religious art, it is worthy of some degree of admiration. Like Michaelangelo's "Pieta." You can appreciate the time and effort involved, and you can connect on at least some level to the message presented. So quit belly-aching, you babies. It's a great flick, a living Renaissance painting. Well-acted. Very very good. For the record, I cried five times.

"It's a clean sweep."
Proud I am of the Fellowship. They deserved all the accolades they received. I'm just sad that it's really over now. Well, at least, until the Special Extended Edition DVD is released (I'm predicting a blue box).

That's it, then.

I will say this minor, unimportant note, in closing. I came to the conclusion that good music was my substitute for alcohol. I could just as easily spend an evening getting smashed on music than in the bottom of a bottle. And my particular vintage of choice this weekend (as referenced in the title) was "Bringing Down the Horse" by the Wallflowers, which I would argue is one of the best albums to come out of the nineties. Period. But then again, who asked me.

No comments: