Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Wednesday Link Dump: Egotistical Edition

(Meaning, these are things that primarily matter to me; so if you don't care about any of these, s'okay.)

  • Check out the trailer for "V for Vendetta." The movie is based on a graphic novel that has to do with totalitarian and reactionary governments, and domestic terrorism. (Interestingly enough, it was first published ten years ago.) Should cause quite a stir. Plus, it stars Natalie Portman and Hugo Weaving, and the screenplay is by the Wachowski brothers (of Matrix fame).
  • Jollyblogger has a post about the dilemmas of the Christian writer.
  • Here's a link of Michael Chabon discussing the writing of his first novel. [hat-tip: sheila]
  • Got an idea for a movie? The Box Office Oracle predicts how well it would do. [hat-tip: second breakfast]
  • A quick guide on prerequisites for singing the blues. [hat-tip: jollyblogger]
  • You may be familiar with World Magazine (especially if you went to CCCS), but you may not know that they have a blog. (If you are allergic to conservative ideology of the "Religious Right" persuasion, you may want to avoid this one.)
  • Firestream is a good source for info on Christian rock. It calls itself a metal site, but I was finding good stuff on Christian alt-rock from my high school days.
  • I haven't read all of it, but I plan on reading and posting about this Christianity Today article about church discipline.
  • For those who need to be on the cutting edge of gaming news, we present "The Escapist" magazine. [via instapundit]
  • A TV show I find interesting and inspiring (though some may disagree). I look forward to Season 2.
  • One of my new interests (it barely classifies as a hobby) is tasting and comparing different kinds of root beer. Well, any attempts I have at developing a comprehensive knowledge of the subject have been eclipsed by this and this. I am ashamed of my weak attempts.

No comments: