Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Reunited, and it feels so good...

I was hoping for some spontaneity this week. And yesterday afternoon, i got it.

I got a call from two of the coolest people I know, inviting me to meet them in Freeport for dinner. For those of you unfamiliar with Texas geography, Freeport is on the Gulf Coast, and almost a straight-shot down the highway from my house.

It was an easy drive. Past the initial cluster of traffic, it was clear sailing. And how many people can say they've ever travelled through "The City of Enchantment"? Not many, my dear brother, not many.

Freeport was good. Mosquito infested, so I got eaten alive. But good.

Ate at On the River, which was quite tasty. Catfish, shrimp, cole slaw, jalepeno cornbread, baked potato, ice cold root beer. You bet.

Stopped at Buc-ee's convenience store ("Home of the Vaguely Creepy Beaver Logo") on the way back. Got a fountain drink. Decided that Frostie Root Beer is even worse in the fountain than it is in the bottle.

So that's that. Good times had by all. And I came back and watched Pump Up the Volume before bed, for no good reason.

No comments: