Tuesday, March 20, 2007

PBB Programming Announcement!!! (UPDATED)

This afternoon at 3 p.m. CST, David Shook (CCS alum, and a personal friend) will be on Wisconsin Public Radio, as the secondary guest on a program discussing the graphic novel as literature.

Shook was part of the creative writing class I taught way back when, though I doubt I taught him much of anything. A natural talent, and an all-around swell guy. Do me a personal favor, and listen to the program.

UPDATE: Well, in case you missed it, David was great. ("Oh, I remember way back when, when he was just a wily junior sneaking Jack in the Box eggrolls into my class. Ah, the memories...") Keep checking this page, where I assume they'll post the mp3 of the show in the near future. It was a great discussion, and worth your forty minutes if you're a fan of literature, comics, communication theory, or film. Or if you're a fan of PBB, and want to check out what I recommend. That works, too.

No comments: