Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Tuesday Catch-All

Blog connectivity has been spotty lately, so I will blog when I can. (The work IT guys can't decide if they want to block Blogger or not. Jerks.)

In the meantime, here's a round-up of stuff going on with me.

===

Yeah, the "November Rain" thing was lame, but thanks for humoring me.

===

For the first time in years, I had a really good Valentine's Day. Angst-free and bitterness-free. It was good. I felt great. So that's pretty awesome. Praise God for that.

===

Saw the movie "Bridge to Terebithia" this weekend. I have to tell you, it was pretty great. Aside from bad theology, I'd highly recommend it. But the weepy among you should be advised to bring tissues. I'll admit that the ending left me wiping my eyes for the last 20 minutes.

===

A few links:

===

It's Mardi Gras today, or as I prefer to call it, "Pancake Tuesday." [link h-t: BHT] My package of Bisquick is sitting on my stove right now, at the ready for my return this evening.

===

I'm about 95% sure I'm going to this music festival in June. Those of you in the TX-OK area are welcome to join me. It should be most awesome.

===

I found this poem while going through a box of papers this weekend. I wrote it two years ago, and I don't remember if I posted it here or not. Anyway, here it is.


"in case she wonders"

in case she wonders
tell her that it wasn't her
eyes that pulled me in,
or her near-perfect form
or her charm, or her
wit, that did me in.
in case she wonders,
tell her it was that
moment in the bar,
after the second round
of drinks was served,
that moment when
she caught my stare,
winked, and said with
glass upraised
"here's to the poor
wayfaring stranger."
and you and Nat
laughed, not understanding.
she held my gaze,
and drank her toast,
staring at me over the rim
of her green glass.
it was at that moment,
that very second, that i
realized i would spend
my life trying not
to love her, and failing.
in case she wonders,
tell her that is why
i had to run away.

No comments: