Wednesday, February 14, 2007

If you can't love the blog you want, love the blog you're with.

[Opening Music: "Because" (a capella), The Beatles]

=====

Happy Valentine's Day, PBB readers. It's a special day today here at PBB. Why? Because I refuse to post something whiny and bitter today. Nope, it isn't gonna happen. Angst-free Valentine's PBB, brought to you by the Wisconsin Dairy Farmers Association and the Ad Council.

=====

It's cold this morning.

I know, all of you north of, say, Dallas are sending me hateful thoughts right now. I'll rephrase. It's pleasantly cool. Highs only reaching the 40's. This Friday, there's the slimmest of chances that we'll get a snow flurry or two. Better late than never, I say.

I like winter temperatures. Much better than the scalding, sweltering, Saharan heat of Houston summers.

=====

Want a bit of LinkyLove on this day of days? Sure you do.
  • For you "Lost"-ies, two items--1) An interview with two of the show's creators, including some vague spoilers about questions being answered and when; and 2) this mindtrip of a catch. Turns out there was an audio message back-masked under the Karl brainwashing scene. It's the voice of a woman saying, "Only fools are enslaved by time and space." Check out the video; this isn't one of those imagined "Paul is dead" moments. It's very clearly an implanted audio clip of a woman saying those words. Which, coupled with the character reading Stephen Hawking's book in a recent episode, fuels the fire of my suspicion that the "mystery" of the island has to do with a bendy space-time/parallel-universe-type twist. Either way, I'm all for it, dude. Bring it on. [h-t: Pop Candy]
  • Speaking of J.J. Abrams, looks like he's in talks to produce and/or direct a screen version of "The Dark Tower." I'm somewhat apprehensive (the story's just so big), but Abrams is the only person I can think of who could really pull it off. [h-t: Pop Candy]
  • Pitchers and catchers report for duty TODAY, so to whet your baseball appetites, here are two articles, one from Jayson Stark and the other from Gene Wojciechowski, on the greatest team in the world.
  • Having a years-long period of bad luck? I hear a statue of Rocky Balboa will clear that right up. [h-t: Pop Candy]
  • Houston readers will appreciate this.
  • Haven't seen the Oscar nominees for Best Picture yet? If you live near one of these AMC theatres, you can see all five in a row on February 24, at a bargain price.

=====

Plans for the evening? I was torn as to what to do, but right now I'm thinking I'll go home, cook a pot of tasty chili, put my feet up, and watch some recorded-TV/MST3K/"Lost" as I drink non-diet root beer and eat non-diet Keebler fudge-swirl cookies. Maybe I'll read a bit, too. I just started a new Coupland, "Miss Wyoming." A pretty laid-back Valentine's, all-in-all.

And frankly, that sounds are pretty awesome.

=====

I think that's all I've got. Have a great evening, gang.

=====

[ending music: "Brilliant Mistake," Elvis Costello]

No comments: