Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Green can be cool and friendly-like. (UPDATED)

[currently listening: "It's Not Easy Being Green," Kermit the Frog (from "mellow mix CD" given by a coworker) ]

1. You wanna get me a present that will make me immensely happy? Find me some kind of keychain or something, where I can push a button and Timmy from "South Park" says, "eerrrrRRR--TIMMAH!" Because that would make my year. And it would make work more fun.

2. Favorite Christmas card received so far: it has a photo of two nuns on a sled on the front, and inside it says, "You've been good this year, despite a few bad habits." Yeah, nun-humor works for me.

2b. Favorite Christmas card sent this year: ... Okay, I haven't sent any YET. But I will, I swear. Probably in January. But I'm giving my sister a Napoleon Dynamite one, because she hates the movie. (Brotherly annoyance: check!)

3. Keep nominating your Slackie favorites! You've come up with some that I haven't thought of!

4. Speaking of Slackies, I'm sorry to report that we will not be handing out an official award for "Best Adult Beverage." As it turns out, the esteemed judging panel doesn't drink, so it was decided that it was unfair to award solely based on hearsay. You are free to nominate and vote on the category, but there will not be an official announcement of the winner. We here at "Slackie 2006(TM)" apologize for the inconvenience.

5. Signs I'm really tired: it took me over three and a half minutes to realize I've been listening to Paula Cole's "I Don't Want to Wait" on the mix CD.

5b. Signs I'm really tired and even more apathetic: It just finished playing through to completion.

UPDATE: 6. Quote of the day comes from Kinsey: *randomly, in the midst of an IM session* "I wonder if I can get a pedicure at the Newark airport." For some reason, that cracked me up.

7. Finally, some linky love for your perusal and enjoyment:


7. That's it. Meeting day. Busy busy. I'll post again before the holiday, yeah? paz.

No comments: