Tuesday, September 05, 2006

"Watch what you say around my mama..."

"...My mama raised me in the dirty south."

What up, readers. Good morning.

A few comments and quips to start your short week off right:

--I picked up the FF5 album at CD Warehouse for four bucks. Money well spent.

--The Crocodile hunter died. It's really kinda tragic, especially when you remember that he had a wife and two small kids. I've already started reading the snarky comments on the internets from jerks who relish the fact that he died from an animal attack. To these people I say: ... (Well, something I shouldn't and won't repeat here.) But believe me, it would be joined with physical violence. Steve Irwin was cool, and you gotta respect his absolute love for his life and the world around him. So, sit on it, haters.

--The Cubs. They suck. That's pretty much it. If they lose today, they are in the cellar of the NL Central and secure the second-worst record in baseball. Don't worry, Royals fans. There's still time for Chicago to actually suck worse than your team too. We don't want anyone to feel left out.

--Some movies that you remember liking when you were younger just don't stand the test of time. A word to the wise: When reminiscing, make sure to do it alone. Inflicting unintended psychological cinematic damage on friends is not nice. And no amount of escaping poultry can make up for it.

--I'm not going to make any promises about what I will or won't post this week. I'm tired of disappointing you. Or at least thinking I've disappointed you. For all I know, every promise of upcoming posts and stories is met with rolled eyes. Either way, no promises. We'll just see what the week brings, yeah? Good.

--Friday Filmstrip may become a regular feature, though. And I may resurrect Thursday Brown Bag Poetry. Or not. Something tells me most people skip over that kind of stuff. Are there any former PBB features that you'd like to see come back? Lemme know in the comments.

--It's September. The year is two-thirds over. What have you done with the time thus far? What can you do to use the last four months of 2006 the best way you can? Thoughts to ponder over your lunch break.

--I don't have a lot of groceries, and I didn't take the time to make something last night. SO my lunch consists of two packets of instant oatmeal. Hmm...

--You may have noticed a relative halt to "RockStar" discussion. This is not happenstance; you sounded like you needed a break from it. (Ahem.) That's fine. The finale's next week, and I may post something about it then. So, just prepare yourselves, I guess.

--Currently Reading: "The Idiot" by Doestoevsky; "Identity Crisis" by Mark Metzler; "Confessions of a Reformission Rev" by Mark Driscoll; and various and sundry other books for Sunday School prep.

That's it, gang. Enjoy your Tuesday.

No comments: