Monday, September 16, 2002

Dateline--Houston, 4:18 p.m. Instead of grading papers or creating a cruel grammar test for my abundantly lazy tenth grade classes, I sit here, adding one more shovel-full of personal opinion to the rotting rubbish pile that the kids call the Web. I'm hoping that this blog will be moderately interesting for the three of you who read it regularly. If it's not, humor me. At any rate, it's better than working.

I have high standards to live up to, you know. I've been cruising around, checking out other people's blogs, and I have gotten more and more convinced that I will never be as witty as some of you. But I press on, tongue firmly planted in cheek, hoping that amusement will result from my many labors.

For you who are visiting for the first time, welcome and thank you. I promise that I'll be more inspiring or entertaining next time. So to make up for my less-than-impressive first showing, I suggest you check out Feeling is Mutual and Blather. I enjoy them quite a bit. FiM, I'm a bit more partial to, however. That's what happens when you're engaged to the person blogging.

Anywho, thanks for stopping by, come again.

No comments: