Thursday, September 11, 2008

What Matters, and What Will Wait.

Lots of stuff to think about and talk about today. But lots of responsibilities and plans to make.

Today is the seventh anniversary of the brutal attack on my country. I wish I could spend some time and give that rememberance its due, but there's a hurricane heading for me. So my thoughts are focused on preparation and family.

Everything else goes on hold until the storm passes. Memory, silence, grave and pressing thoughts. All tossed in the "to-be-completed" box and stowed for the next 72 hours.

Much to do, and little time to do it in.

Have a good day, friends. If it is your wont, say a prayer for the families of the fallen, and a prayer for those bracing for the coming storm. Relish your freedom, and take pride in the way tragedy somehow always brings people closer together.

Let today be a day without politics, a day without posturing.

Peace and grace.

No comments: