Monday, March 03, 2008

In like a Linky-Love Lion...

Presents I've collected for you during my blog-vacay:
  • Quick brag: I got a new phone. It looks a bit like this one, but in "deep steel blue."
  • GameDaily ranks the top 25 Nintendo games of all time. The list is a little Wii-heavy, and the commenters are uniformly mouth-breathing imbeciles, but it's a fun little blast from my gaming past. (Until I got my PS2, I was Nintendo-loyal all the way.)
  • Video Game Challenge: Name the entire cast of Mike Tyson's Punch-Out in less than 2 minutes! (I only got 7 or so.)
  • Apparently, the Wendy's logo is offensive. (Okay, not really, but it's a hilarious video. The reactions of the passers-by are priceless.)
  • The upcoming Guitar Hero game is Aerosmith-centric? Wow. Better break out my Steven Tyler PJs and practice my mic-stand dancing.
  • It's cool to hear what Andy Griffith is up to these days. Okay, maybe I'm the only one who cares, but still...
  • The IMonk's pseudo-Screwtape take on Christian schools is dead on and worth a look. Like I tell people, the only difference between kids at Christian schools and kids at public schools is that we learned how to hide our sins better.
  • This is a great song (and fan video). By the way, if any of your folks in the Houston area are interested, Mike Doughty (formerly of Soul Coughing) will be performing at the Texas Crawfish Festival next month. I'll be there, sounds like fun.
  • If you've been reading my Facebook status updates, you've no doubt noticed that I've been goofing on Barack Obama for a while now. (Today's quote is: "Dave wonders: If Obama were a hotdog, and he were starving, would he eat himself--for CHANGE?") Well, it's really due to stuff like this. And I'm inspired by the off-the-wall brilliance of something as simple as this. C'mon folks. He's just a dude. He'll end up being as messed up as every other human politician. I promise.
  • Here's a video of a 3-year-old explaining the plot of Star Wars. Be prepared to need to detox afterward, due to the near-fatal levels of "teh cuteness."
  • Want details about the upcoming X-Files film? Here you go! Want to read an interview with the stars? Here you go! Want proof that Gillian Anderson is still a babe? Here! You! Go!
  • How about a video of the faces of Hollywood "beauty" through the years?
  • Okay, Lost-Heads, this is what we know about the layout of the Island so far.
  • Awesome, we get to see another round of "Bourne Reborn" or "Bourne...Again" headlines. My vote for the title? "The Bourne Requiem." Because "Requiem" sounds awesome in just about any title.
  • Can't remember the song lyrics? Tap it out, man.
  • Just try to take Daniel Day-Lewis seriously now.
  • Best. Band at a 4H Fair. Evar. (Any shout-out to "The Beets" guarantees awesomeness.)
  • "Feeeeeeee-neh! Fee-hee-hee-HEEEEE-neh!"
  • I don't care what they call it, it will be Wrigley now and forever. Fathers will tell their sons, and they will tell their sons, and so it shall remain until the last game is played.
  • Here's something those of you (us) who use movie quotes on a daily basis.
  • So when does good TV come back? Here's an updated list.
  • Poor, sad, schizophrenic Jon Arbuckle.
  • I may have some theological problems with Rob Bell's Nooma videos, but that won't stop me from picking up the soundtrack.
  • Speaking of CDs: why did none of you mention that Kevin Max had a new album?!?!? Throw me a frickkin' BONE here!
  • Also: New Counting Crows music comes out three weeks from tomorrow! (And I just pre-ordered it, with the Kevin Max album kicked in. Thank you, Amazon!)
That's it, I guess. I'm "back" to blogging, for the time being, though I may split my efforts between this site and a side project that will go "live" in a week or so. We'll see how it goes.

Happy March!

No comments: